Welcome to the Sirius Project Forums!
Our forums are specifically for people who want to overcome self-harm and you may find they are different to other self-harm forums you are used to.
Please don’t register with these forums unless you are:
* working on recovery from self-harm or related mental health problems (this would include finding alternative ways of coping or addressing the underlying issues), or
* considering working on recovery and feel able to keep to the forum rules below, or
* already recovered but still in need of support or wishing to support others.
If you do not fall into one of these categories, you can find details of other self-harm forums here:
Other Self-Harm Websites
Additionally, you must be 16 or over to register with the forums. If you are under 16, we recommend you join one of these partner sites instead:
* ChildLine Self-Harm Message Board
* FirstSigns Forum (for over 13s)
* Bodies Under Siege Web Board (for over 13s)
We are here to:
* support each other (peer support)
* share ideas and resources that may help
* set goals and cheer each other on
* talk about how we feel and be heard
* talk about practical problems in our lives and find ways forward
We are not here to:
* replace professional help or provide a crisis service
* share methods of harming (this includes eating disorders, suicide attempts and other self-destructive behaviours)
* trigger one another with graphic descriptions
* use how badly we’ve harmed to show how awful we feel, how ill we are or how serious our problems are (we would encourage you to talk about these things directly)
If you are not interested in overcoming your problems, or in taking steps to help yourself, then these forums may not be the best place for you. We understand that not everyone wants to give up self-harm, and we make no judgements about that - many of us have been there ourselves. However, for the sake of our members who are working on recovery, it is important that the focus of the forums is kept on moving forwards.
By accessing “Sirius Project Forums” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Sirius Project Forums”, “http://www.siriusproject.org/board”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms:
I am over 16 years in age.
I am working on recovery, in recovery, or respect the recovery focus of these forums.
If I have overdosed or am concerned about any of my injuries, I will seek prompt medical attention.
I will not post saying that I am going to self-harm in any way, or expect other members to talk me out of self-harm. (NB. It is OK and encouraged to say you are struggling and ask for support and suggestions!)
I will not encourage other members to hurt themselves or others or post anything that shows people how to hurt themselves (including eating disorders, suicide attempts, etc).
I will not describe my injuries or methods of harming in detail.
I will respect other members’ privacy at all times.
If I am a friend, family member or carer of someone who posts here, I have their full permission to visit the board. (NB. If you need support as a friend or family member, take a look at our Friends & Family page for alternative sources of support.)
I will not post spam on the board. (NB. If your only reason for coming here is to post about your own mental-health resource, please contact email@example.com for permission first.)
I have read the full forum rules and commit to keeping these at all times.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Sirius Project Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Sirius Project Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Sirius Project Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.