Sirius Project has made up a list of organizations and charities that provide help to people suffering from mental health problems.
General Mental Health
- Get Connected – Free help online for young people under 25;
- Mind – Charity organization that provides information and advice on mental health issues;
- Rethink – Project that provides advocacy, carer support services, and also has a national phone advice line;
- SLaM National Services – Organization that provides specialist inpatient and outpatient mental health services;
- WPF Therapy – Charity organization that provides counselling;
- Youth Access – Free counselling, information and advice services for young people.
Alcohol, Drugs and Addictions
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Support for people who want to quit drinking;
- FRANK – Provides information about drug use;
- Narcotics Anonymous – Support groups for addicts who have the desire to stop using narcotics.
- Anxiety UK – Provides a range of services that can help cope with your anxiety;
- OCD Action – Charity organization that helps cope with your obsessive-compulsive disorders.
- National Autistic Society – Charity for people with autism. Provides information, support and services.
- Al-Anon – Support groups for anyone whose life is affected by someone else’s alcohol abuse;
- Carers UK – Provides help and support for carers.
Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Association for Post-Natal Illness – Provides support and information for people with postnatal depression and related problems;
- Depression Alliance – Support and help for those who suffer from depression;
- MDF The Bipolar Organisation – Support groups, support, help and information;
- SADA – Support, help and information for people having a seasonal affective disorder.
- Beat – Charity which provides information and support for people with an eating disorder;
- Overeaters Anonymous – Support for people who want to stop compulsive overeating, anorexia or bulimia.
- Emergence – Organisation supporting people with personality disorder.
Relationships and Bereavement
- Cruse Bereavement Care – Provides a helpline and face-to-face support;
- Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland – Provides a helpline and face-to-face support;
- Relate – Provides relationship counseling, sex therapy, mediation, face-to-face support, support by phone, support online.
- Bristol Crisis Service for Women – Organisation supporting women having emotional distress, particularly those who self-harm. Support groups and services;
- British Red Cross Skin Camouflage Service – Free matching service for skin camouflage creams. GP referral needed;
- National Self-Harm Network – Support, advice and advocacy services to people who self-harm or their close people;
- SASH – Support for survivors of abuse and self-injury;
- SLaM Self-Harm Service (formerly Crisis Recovery Unit) – Service for people who self-harm.
Trauma, Abuse and Dissociation
- First Person Plural – Support for survivors of dissociative identity disorder. Information and support groups;
- NAPAC: The National Association for People Abused in Childhood – Helpline and details of organizations for survivors;
- Rape Crisis – Free help and support for women who have been raped or sexually abused. Helpline and rape crisis centers;
- SASH – Support for survivors of abuse and self-harm.